I offer small groups as a way of holding discussions. These groups can be used as a way of simply listening and speaking - with the goal of gaining deeper understandings of ourselves and those around us - as well - these groups can be held as a way of addressing complicated or sometimes sensitive issues.
The format is that of "a circle".
The circle is a space where the goal is to create a space to speak and to listen - and through listening to one another - able to understand one another - sit beside our differences - learn from one another and have a space to share our thoughts.
It is amazing how transformative this simple format can be.
As in counselling - one comes to the group based on the following principles:
* That it is wonderful to come to this work with curiosity, creativity and compassion and sometimes a bit of humour.
* The resilience and strength in people.
* The unique and irrevocable gifts that we are given
* How incredibly important support is.
* The power and the gift of faith.
* The intrinsic value and the uniqueness of each of us.
* Having a safe place to understand ourselves - to give a voice to our story and to be heard - is so important .
* Answers are easy to give however very difficult to apply without support.
* We all have a story - we can often get caught in a narrative or story of ourselves and our lives that can keep us stuck.
* Telling our story and understanding the world that we are part of and the difficulties that are being faced is transformative.
* The importance of mistakes.
If you are interested in this - please contact me and we can discuss it in more detail